Stokes Crafts are committed to the processing personal data transparently, responsibly, and in compliance with GDPR – the latest legislation surrounding data protection.
- We will use details collected during the order process to fulfil your order and for direct marketing in the future.
- Our lawful basis for processing is based on direct marketing being a legitimate interest.
- We will ensure that there is minimal risk of harm or distress from our direct marketing by taking steps to put data subjects in an equivalent position to consent, and by making unsubscribing/managing preferences simple and accessible. Marketing will be related to previous purchases with us.
- We are committed to only using the minimum amount of personal data necessary. We have concluded that the data we collect is the minimum amount we require to fulfil orders and conduct direct marketing.
- We will not sell personal data to any companies outside of Stokes Crafts.
- We will ensure that a data subjects fundamental rights and freedoms are respected at all times.
- We may also use data for the purposes of ongoing fraud prevention.
- We may also contact you to inform you of any open baskets we are holding open for you.
1) Stokes Crafts & Your Data
Thank you for choosing to purchase from Stokes Crafts. We value the trust of our customers and strive to respect your privacy when handling data relating to the use of our websites and transactions performed on our websites.
This policy describes how we collect personal data about you, the type of data we collect, how this data is used and how you, a valued customer, can control the use of your data by Stokes Crafts.
2) What Data Do We Collect?
In order to process orders and ensure the best possible levels of service, we collect certain personal and company information when you make a transaction. This includes:
- Your Name
- Your Delivery Address
- Your Payment Address
- Your Payment Details (please note we do not retain this information as all transactions are done via a secure connection with an established payment provider)
- Your Email Address
- Your Telephone Number
- Browsing & Shopping Activities
3) How We Use Your Data
We will primarily use your data to:
- Keep you updated on the status of your order
- Fulfil delivery of your order
- Contact you if there is a query regarding your order
- Contact you in relation to product and / or website reviews
- Assist with any customer queries
- Contact you to inform you of any open baskets we are holding open for you (this is where you may have input details but failed to complete your order).
In addition, your data including Payment Address and Payment Details will be shared with relevant and reputable third-party banking providers including PayPal and Stripe in order to verify and authorise your payment so your order can be processed. All third-parties used to process payments are under strict obligation to ensure your personal information is kept private.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Cookies are a kind of short-term memory for the web. They are stored in your browser and enable a site to ‘remember’ little bits of information between pages or visits. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Other cookies that are in use on this website assist us with learning which parts of our websites need additional improvements for the betterment of our users. They also gather website testing results so we can ascertain statistical significance that changes to the site are beneficial to our users.
Information stored in the cookies that are issued by the site is not personally identifiable by us. The value stored in the cookies is an anonymous identifier, which is not linked to any other personal information you may give us during your visit.
The information stored in the cookies also assist us to market to you with more relevant online advertising.
If you do not wish to receive these cookies you can easily and safely disable them in your browser, though doing so may affect the functionality of our website to the detriment of your browsing experience.
4) Direct Marketing
a) Legitimate Interests
We operate on an opt-out basis as we rely on ‘legitimate interests’ as a lawful basis for processing personal data.
We will process your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing of similar products and services from within Stokes Crafts in the future, unless you take the opportunity to opt out of direct marketing upon completion of your first order with us, or unsubscribe at any point.
b) What You May Receive
The privacy of your personal data is of the highest importance to us. We will not share or sell your personal details to any third-party companies.
Unless you have requested not to receive promotional material, have unsubscribed, or chosen to opt out at the point of purchase, we may use your personal information to provide you with other relevant offers and details of promotions relating to your transaction history. We may contact you by using the email address provided when setting up and account or placing an order.
We may also contact you to inform you of any open baskets we are holding open for you (this is where you may have input details such as email address but failed to complete your order). We do this for customer convenience as typically this occurs because of a technical fault. By keeping baskets open, customers can return to their purchase seamlessly without having to manually select products all over again. These can be unsubscribed from using a normal unsubscribe link, this will also unsubscribe you from all marketing emails from that website.
5) Data Retention & Security
The information provided to IONOS is saved indefinitely and may be stored on one or more databases directly or indirectly maintained by IONOS. IONOS employs industry-standard security measures to protect the confidentiality of the information. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we make every effort to prevent such occurrences. Any other particularly sensitive information, such as credit card numbers collected for commercial transactions, is encrypted prior to transmission by you to IONOS. Your use of the 1&1 IONOS Inc. Services may result in the transfer of information internationally, including into or outside of the United States. By visiting accessing this site or using the 1&1 IONOS Inc. Services you consent to such transfers.
When someone places an order with us, requests a quotation or catalogue, their details will be input to our ERP system and be stored on secure servers.
All customer personal data is stored on secure servers employing extensive security measures to ensure it remains fully protected at all times. All servers used for data storage are also physically secured and provided by reputable companies that meet the highest standards of security.
We do not store any payment card information on any of our own servers.
General Retention Periods
Stokes Crafts will retain customer data for as long as is reasonable and necessary. For the purposes of direct marketing.
During The Retention Period
Stokes Crafts may use retained customer data for the purposes of ongoing direct marketing as well as enhancing the user experience and customer service. The data we collect and use:
- Delivery Address
- Payment Address
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Browsing & Shopping Activities
Customers may unsubscribe from any marketing communication at any time. Their data will still be stored on the system and on secure servers. They will be flagged as not to be marketed to.
Dormant or out of date data will be kept on our system but will be suppressed from future marketing efforts.
Expiration Of The Retention Period
There is currently no expiration of the retention period – all data is held in perpetuity as has been deemed reasonable and necessary – further information is available on request.
Stokes Crafts will not collect more personal data than the bare minimum for the purposes of direct marketing. Nor will we retain irrelevant information. We have concluded that the data we collect during the order process is the minimum amount we require in order to conduct direct marketing.
6) Managing Your Personal Data And How It Is Processed
As a valued customer and in line with GDPR, you have full control over your data and how it is used by Stokes Crafts. We offer a number of ways our customers can manage their personal data in order to ensure that our interest of direct marketing does not override fundamental rights and freedoms or fall outside of a data subject’s expectations.
Your right to object and your right to restrict processing:
Respecting your rights is important to us. We have no desire to send marketing material that is intrusive or not of interest.
To remove your data from email marketing:
Follow the “unsubscribe” link contained within all communications from Stokes Crafts or any of the websites within it.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “NO EMAILS” as the email subject.
Log in to the ‘My Account’ section on this website to manage your marketing preferences
To remove your data from All marketing activity:
Email us at email@example.com with “REMOVE” as the email subject.
Updating Your Details – Your Right To Rectification
Should any of the information you have provided to us change, or require amending, please let us know the correct details by sending an email stating “Change Details” as the email subject, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Log in to the ‘My Account’ section on this website to manage your personal details
Subject Access Requests – Your Right To Access
We respect an individual’s right to access any personal data that we hold on them. As such we have an internal process in place in order to handle subject access requests expediently and in accordance with GDPR requirements.
Stokes Crafts will:
- Provide a copy of the information free of charge. However, we will charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs when a request is manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive.
- Provide a response within one month of receipt.
- Take reasonable steps to verify the identity of the person making the request.
- Provide the information in a commonly used electronic format.
Deletion Of Personal Data – Your Right To Erasure
We respect an individual’s right to delete any personal data that we hold on them.
Should you wish for us to remove your personal data, please email us at email@example.com with “DELETE” as the email subject.
Third-Parties We May Share Your Data With To Fulfil An Order:
- Payment gateways: Your data including Payment Address and Payment Details will be shared with relevant and reputable third-party banking providers including PayPal, Amazon Payments, Apple Pay and SagePay in order to verify and authorise your payment so your order can be processed. All third-parties used to process payments are under strict obligation to ensure your personal information is kept private.
- Couriers; we despatch orders via a number of established couriers, this involves passing name and address details used for delivery in order to fulfil the order.
7) Data Breaches
Stokes Crafts have a breach reporting procedure in place and in the unlikely event of a breach, will act as per requirements under GDPR.